Over the years, we have investigated hundreds of pain relieving gout cures. See which work and which do not.
Though uric acid lowering is most important, we all need relief from gout pain until the uric acid is low enough to keep us free from gout. But there are so many different pain killers, it is often difficult to know how to choose them, and which is best at different phases in our gout treatment plan. Here I list the archived questions about gout pain relief.
Archived Gout Cures Questions
- What is the best colchicine dosage for gout?
- The best colchicine dosage for gout is the one that gets rid of your pain – fast. See how much you need, when to take it, and how long you need to take it for.
- Is Celebrex (celecoxib) A Good Treatment For Gout?
- Celecoxib (brand name Celebrex) is the only COX-2 inhibitor available in USA. Celecoxib, compared to other NSAIDs is much easier on the stomach, but heart risks remain with longterm use.
- Is Arcoxia (Etoricoxib) safe for gout pain?
- Lots of interest in etoricoxib (brand name Arcoxia) which is available in Europe and elsewhere, but deemed unsafe in USA due to heart disease risks. If it is available to you, please be sure to read the European review on risks and benefits of etoricoxib in acute gout and other conditions.